Accreditation of Celebration Events
Accreditation for Community-organised Events for the Celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the HKSAR
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the establishment of the HKSAR in 2022, the Government will organise a series of celebration events in Hong Kong, the Mainland and overseas. Community bodies, district organisations and NGOs are encouraged to organise celebration activities on their own so as to provide more opportunities for participation by the public to enhance the festive atmosphere. Organisations outside Hong Kong are also welcome to organise relevant celebration events in the mainland or overseas, and take the opportunity to promote Hong Kong. Organisers of celebration events which fulfill the criteria set out in paragraphs 3 and 4 below may apply for accreditation for recognition and inclusion of such events in the official Events Calendar for the 25th Anniversary Celebration.
2. Due recognition that will be given to events which are accredited includes –
- (a) stating the events in the official Events Calendar and website; and
- (b) allowing the event organisers to use the official logo (please refer to Guidelines on the use of the logo) for publicising their events.
3. Applicants should be a body registered under the Companies Ordinance (Cap.622), Societies Ordinance (Cap. 151), Building Management Ordinance (Cap. 344) or other ordinances, or a reputable organisation generally recognised by the Government.
Nature of proposed activity
4. The proposed event should meet the following requirements –
- (a) the theme of the event is for the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the HKSAR;
- (b) the event is open to the public and of a reasonable scale (e.g. with 100 or more attendance);
- (c) the event is non-profit making in nature;
- (d) the event is generally held within the year of 2022; and
- (e) the event will not generate insurmountable problems in traffic and crowd management.
Application method and submission deadline
5. Please visit https://eform.cefs.gov.hk/form/hab011/ to complete and submit the e-form. To smoothen the submission process, please have all supporting documents (including the registration document) ready for uploading. In case you cannot use the e-form, please download and complete this pdf form and then submit it to the Celebrations Coordination Office by post.
6. Processing applications takes time, particularly during application peak season in April and May. Please submit application as early as possible, and in any case no later than 31 May 2022. Applications received after the deadline would not be accepted.
7. Applicants will be acknowledged via email within 2 weeks after receipt of the applications. Assessment and processing time of each case normally takes about 4 weeks. The Celebrations Coordination Office has full discretion in deciding whether a proposed event should be accredited, and to withdraw any accreditation given.
8. When conducting the accredited project, the organiser must give utmost dedication and determination to deliver the accredited project according to the information stated in this application, and in compliance with all applicable laws of Hong Kong. The organiser has the responsibility to ensure compliance with any prevailing social distancing measures and other pandemic-related requirements as stipulated by the government. Accreditation or application for accreditation of event will not exempt the organiser from the need to comply with any prevailing pandemic-related requirements including but not limited to social distancing measures and application for exemption, etc. as required under Cap. 599F1 and Cap. 599G2. The organiser may consider organising the event in different forms flexibly (including on-site/online hybrid mode) so as to engage more members of the public to participate, while meeting the social distancing requirements. The organiser should formulate contingency plans to cater for different situations under the pandemic.
Public liability and accident insurance
9. Applicants are responsible for the safety of participants and any accident or legal consequences arising from their events. Applicants are recommended to take out public liability insurance and accident insurance for their activities.
Address: 34/F, Revenue Tower, 5 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Telephone number: (852) 2594 7740
Fax number: (852) 3791 2283
Email Address: 25Aevents@hab.gov.hk